Monday, July 21, 2014

What have you been soaking up the sun with?

Summer time! The warm weather, beach, lake, sunny days! AH! What do you love about it? Me? I love lounging around while reading...of course, that is what I love doing any time.



 My children are all out of school, so it becomes a time of easy reading for me. I have my TBR (to be read) list to catch up on and required summer reading for the kids. All is good! I have a few favorites that I have read so far this summer. I also have some that I can not wait to dig in to! 



I am going to share some that have reeled me in over the summer. A few of them that I could hardly stand to put down. I have been witnessed at more than one social event with my eyes glued to my Kindle just reading away! My husband is a musician, so going with him to acoustic shows not only gives me a chance to read, but to have some awesome background music! I am glad he encourages my obsession.


So, without further rambling, here are a few of my favorites (so far) from this summer. I would LOVE to hear what you have enjoyed. I will probably add it to my TBR list....which looks a little something like this...


OH MAN! I went rambling again...    You can read reviews for all of these books right here on the blog.


First, I fell in love with The Chronicles of Izzy by Michelle Graves. We meet and follow Izzy as life around her changes. Her eyes get opened to a world of Seer's and Guardians. She finds out what her true purpose in life is, but what will she do about it? I have recommended this series to numerous people, only to get the response, "Thanks! I stayed up until all hours of the night engrossed in it! Now, how am I supposed to function today?" All I can say is, it is worth it. Best of all, you can get started with See How She Runs which is FREE on Amazon and the following 2 are only $2.99 each on Kindle.




Next, I will share Searching for Lady Luck by Patricia Kiyono. This lovely short story is set shortly after the stock market crash and in the early times of The Great Depression. Charlie is a boardwalk artist and paper delivery guy. After coming in contact with Rose, his luck seems to change. This is such a sweet and quick read if you are looking for something to fill an afternoon by the pool with. It is only .99!




After that, I want to introduce you to a book that I was beyond lucky to win during a SUMMER GIVEAWAY! Lost: One Pair of Rose Colored Glasses  by Shay Ray Stevens. We follow Emily as she goes through her first year of marriage to Ben. I laughed out loud so many times as I remembered my first years of marriage. So much truth! At only $2.99, it is such a bargain for the deep belly laughs you will receive!


                      


Lastly, I will share a book that has been the subject of so much talk this summer, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I am sure most of you have at least heard of it by now. The story of Hazel and Gus that has everyone carrying around tissues and celebrating true love. My partner in crime read this one and I broke one of my biggest rules and saw the movie first. Can I just say, aside from being glad I was in public so I didn't sob uncontrollably, I will always have a special spot in my heart for this story, I love it sooooooooooo much!



Now that you know some of my summer favorites, share some of yours with me! ~Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment